Tiramisu is an elegant dessert that’s ridiculously easy to make – especially if you use pre-made ladyfingers.
Shared by Marium Hamid
prep time: 30 min
- 1 package (8 ounces) – cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup – powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon – vanilla
- 1 cup – whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) – ladyfingers, (12 ladyfingers)
- 1/2 cup – cold prepared espresso or strong coffee
- 2 teaspoons – baking cocoa
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in rum on low speed; set aside.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Split ladyfingers horizontally in half.
- Arrange half of the ladyfingers, cut sides up, on bottom of ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches, or round pan, 9×1 1/2 inches.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of the espresso over ladyfingers. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers, cut sides up, on cream cheese mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup espresso. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Sift or sprinkle cocoa over top.
- Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours or until filling is firm.
- Store covered in refrigerator.